Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Happy Birthday Cats in Pink and Purple




Hi, Friends.......

I have three cat-loving crafty friends with birthdays in May (that I know of, at least....maybe there are more and I just don't know when their BDs are!!). They each visit my blog so they probably have a good idea who I am talking about! :) I have been in such disarray all month that I am just now getting cards ready for them....so each of the cards will be VERY late in arriving. Although they will see these three birthday cards on my blog here before they receive theirs in the mail, they won't know whose is whose. That will be a surprise they will have to wait for!

I made this card with the Show Us Your Pussies Cats Only Challenge #18 - Birthday or Furrything Goes (ends June 5) The theme this month is Birthday, but you can do any project with a cat(s) as the main subject!

Get your shades on because this is a bright one!!! Here's what I made......


I wanted to use wildly vivid colors for this card, so I stamped the Great Impressions - Three Black Cats in Versamark and heat embossed with some bright day-glo pink powder. Then I sponged around the trio with Distress Ink in Wilted Violet.  A bit psychedelic, isn't it?  :)
Other supplies used include:
Stampendous - Cat Sayings stamp set
Versafine Ink - Imperial Purple
Lawn Fawn - Small Stitched Rectangles die set
Winnie & Walter - Sketchy Thoughts die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Darice - Assorted Stars embossing folder
Ribbon from my stash
Hope you liked my bright and happy card. I wonder which one of my cat-loving crafty friends will find this one in their mailbox! :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Show Us Your Pussies Cats Only Challenge #18 - Birthday or Furrything Goes
2.
Card Mania Challenge #92 - Life is Colorful
3. Mod Squad - Birthday Bash
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Furry Friends
5. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Little Critters
6. Deep Ocean Challenge #155 - Furry/Feathered Friends

6 comments:

  1. WoWza!! That is just amazing - those colours are gorgeous. I love the kitty photo of the milk spillage hahahaha :-D
    Thank you fur purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty color combo! Love those sweet kitties too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are neon pink kitties kind of like seeing pink elephants in your dreams?!!! Haha...or even better, I would guess. Those day-glo cats look like real mischief makers, with their twitchy tails and cat smirks and it looks like they've started the party without us. So cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those cats enyoing the milk!
    card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janis, I laughed out loud when I saw your photo on top! Thanks for making my day! Your kitty card is lovely in the pink and purple, and the sentiment is spot on! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! xx Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun in the bright pink and purple.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis