Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Sympathy with Vellum Sentiment Panel





Hi, Friends.....

Even though I have a whole bunch of Coffee-themed cards to post, I thought I would break up my string of them with some other cards I have made lately. I noticed my stock of sympathy cards was getting depleted so I made a few to have on hand using some watery backgrounds made from last year's leftover Easter Egg dye! :)



I stamped and heat embossed this one in white with a wonderful Praying Hands image (a thrift store find) and did the same on vellum with a sentiment from the Verve - New Mercies stamp set. I dry embossed the watercolor background with my Sizzix Textured Impressions - Roses folder and sponged Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, and Tea Dye over the stamping and floral texture. Some adhesive pearls finished it off.

Thank you for stopping by. I love reading your comments!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Penny Black at All Sorts March Challenge - Anything Goes (must stamp focal)
2. WOW! Embossing Powder March Challenge - Spring (must heat emboss)
3. Cardz-TV Designer's Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
4. Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday Linky Party
(Sadly this is her LAST ONE. Thank you so much for your fun challenges, Karen!!)
5. Craft Stamper March TIMI Challenge - Anything Goes must stamp
6. DL.Art March Linky Party - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty sympathy and they are cards that are great to have on hand, I have been enjoying all your coffee cards - There are so many in this hop it is almost overwhelming to keep up with the commenting.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes MARCH Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sympathy card - I thought at first it was parchment work, the embossing looks so clear.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More. Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sympathy card - so soft and gentle looking. Another cute coffee set from Verve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis this is so calming and soothing Good make .Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful--I pinned this for our church card ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so beautiful Janis! The vellum adds a softness that is perfect for your sympathy card and that rose embossing folder is the perfect frame for the praying hands. Adding color to the design really give an elegant feel to this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janis. This is a beautiful card and I love the colours you've used.
    Also, Thank you so much for the lovely birthday card, it was a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis