Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Caroling Mouse Tag











Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a tag that I thought I was making for the Ellen Hutson Tag Challenge several weeks ago, but to my dismay I realized that I wasn't following the theme and so it didn't qualify!! Eeeeek.....how did I miss that in the challenge guidelines???? lol.... So I am finally getting around to posting it in my after-Christmas specials. :)



The cute little caroling mouse is an ancient Hero Arts stamp I found at a thrift store. The date on it says "1980"!! (Holey moley.....Even I wasn't rubber stamping clear back then!!! I didn't know ANYONE was rubber stamping back in those days!!)  I picked it up some time ago and I think this is only the first or maybe second time I have used it. 

I stamped the little mouse with Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with clear powder. Then I colored her with watercolor pencils and my water brush and colored over the dress with my Wink of Stella pen to add some sparkle and shimmer.

TIP: The flower (which already came with the glitter on it) was a little bit too white, so I colored the petals with my Spectrum Noir EB1 marker which gave it just the right vintage tone.

Other supplies used:
Graphic 45 paper from the 12 Days of Christmas collection
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Prima flowers that I layered
Want 2 Scrap - Adhesive Pearls in green
Frilly eyelash fiber from the thrift store for the ties


Considering I am not a tag maker, I am very pleased with how this one turned out. It helped a lot to make this one smaller than my other gargantuan-sized one!!! lol... Hope you enjoyed this one, too!
 

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make it Sparkle
2. A2Z Scrapbooking December Challenge - Anything but a Card w/ Hero Arts for focal
3. Great Impressions December Challenge - Anything Goes
4. WOW! Embossing Powder December Challenge - Winter (must heat emboss or use one of their products)
5. Die Cut Divas December Challenge - Layers or Layer It
6. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #323 - Anything Goes
7. HeARTful Stamping Challenge - Anything Goes
8. The Paper Girls Challenge #118 - Anything Goes
9. Go Tag Thursday Tag #28 - It's Christmas

21 comments:

  1. That is a cute tag... and that stamp is an antique, a treasure! Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking Challenge, Janis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag HAPPY NEW YEAR ......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable tag! Love that "ancient" image! Lol So cute!!

    Happy New Year!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your caroling mousie is adorable, Janis! Isn't that something! I began stamping in 1989, and was only aware of PSX back then. In fact, that is the company who introduced me to stamping. I did not even know there were colored ink pads! All I knew about was gold EP and embossing pad LOL How interesting that the mousie is perfectly in style these days! It seems that some of those older images were far more "traditional" or "classic", whether they were botanical, comical, or pretty - they are timeless.

    I have been in an exacerbation since Dec 23, so have not been able to visit blogs the way I'd like to. But so glad I stopped by today to see your sweet tag, and know that I'm not the only one who doesn't follow directions well! LOL

    Hoping your New Year is healthy and enjoyable, Janis, all year long. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "ancient" stamp is so darn cute! I love thrift store finds-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a find!! Beautiful vintage looking tag. Thanks for playing along at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I was the proud recipient of this beautiful vintage tag, I can attest to the fact that it's even MORE beautiful in person! That little caroling mouse is perfectly delightful and coordinates wonderfully with the papers you used. It could have been designed as part of that Graphic 45 collection because it goes so well. The pearls and eyelash fiber give the artsy touch that takes it waaaaay past the ordinary. Why do I never find such treasures in my local thrift shop? All I find is sweaters with holes in them, and polyester neckties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sweet tag! Thanks for sharing it over at a2z!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so adorable...love your sweet tag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tag Janis and such a shame it didn't fit the challenge. Gosh that is a lovely oldie stamp that will always be on trend at Christmas time. Well found! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your tag Janis. I am a huge tag lover. Although I don't own a tag die as yet, I DO make a LOT of them and this one is very pretty, A great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning tag Thanks for joining us at A2Z this month

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great vintage tag; brilliant idea to color the flower. ;) SMART!!

    Thank you for joining us a a2z Scrapbooking!! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I love the story of the stamp. Even the stamp itself is vintage! Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tag! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month. Wishing you a Prosperous and Crafty Happy New Year!
    Ruza
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. A sweet Tag..what a lucky find because that stamp is just gorgeous...and wasn't I stamping in those days either,lol.
    Thank you so much for playing along in Go Tag Thursday..x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How darling! So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a lovely tag and I'm sure your kitty is tempted by that mouse :) Thanks for joining my Anything Goes heARTful stamping challenge in Dec - just getting a chance now to stop by and visit!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis