Thursday, January 14, 2016

Old and Cracked - Happy Birthday



Hi, Friends......

I got super-inspired today with the current Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends technique challenge - Acrylic Block Stamping.   Over at MFP they have a week-long technique challenge each month on the second Saturday with a tutorial they provide.  I love playing around with techniques, so these are a lot of fun for me.  :)  I ended up making 4 (count 'em...FOUR!) backgrounds, and have made 3 cards for the challenge so far.  Not sure if I'll get the last one made in time to enter or not, but I have it....just in case.  :)

This technique is very simple......but, as I was delighted to find out, there are all sorts of fun things you can do with it!  :)  In its most basic form, you simply ink up an acrylic block (I used Distress Ink) and use that as a stamp for a background.  Easy peasy.  


For my card, I used a 7/8" x 2-1/2" rectangular acrylic block with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters. I stamped them in a vertical column on the left side of my white cardstock.  

I stamped a wonderful vintage truck image from my Mark's Finest Papers - Big Boy Toys stamp set with Versafine ink in Olympia Green and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I die cut the image with my brand new My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Square STAX die set.  (THANKS for the huge prize, MFT!!!)  

I also used my Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set for the fun sentiment and crackle background stamping over the paler blue panel, which I scrounged from my scrap bag along with the royal blue paper.  

Making some extra masculine birthday cards is on my list for January, so I am glad to get a good start with this one.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Thanks for taking the time to comment!  I have two more cards (at least) to post for this acrylic block challenge......so, see you sooooooooooooooon!!!  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Mark's Finest Papers Speedy Fox and Friends technique challenge - Acrylic Block Stamping
2.  The Male Room Challenge #26 - Anything Goes
3.  Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #50 - O is for Old
4.  Craft Stamper TIMI January Challenge - Take a Stamp
5.  House of Cards January Challenge - Embossing or Color Challenge
6.  Shopping Our Stash Challenge #234 - Something New
7.  Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #39 - You Crack Me Up :)
8.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #211 - Use snippets
9. One Crazy Stamper January Challenge - Anything Goes 

19 comments:

  1. LOL...you are so funny! And your card is so amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks fantastic! The acrylic block stamping looks great and I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with our "O is for Old" challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya can't go wrong with those acrylic block backgrounds! Great job! Thanks for joining us at the Male Room in 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! This is SO fun, Janis! I love the texture you achieved with the acrylic block stamping! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he he that is awesome!! Love the sentiment and your stamped background!
    Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our O is for Old challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful - and such a lovely background. We saw a vintage truck just like this in New Mexico a few years back and I almost wet myself with excitement! Perfect card for a chp and I must go check out that stamp set!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chap? I mean chAp of course - busy watching the space walk at the same time as typing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Yeah I've had fun with this technique as well Janis. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done, I like the stamp and the sentiment is awesome, great job. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.

    Leanne DT
    One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back again, this time I am here to say thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Something New" challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the acrylic block stamping. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sentiment on your card and that image is super. Nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at The Male Room this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janis! When I first saw the stamp I thought this was a serious card until I read the sentiment and it all made perfect sense! Love it! Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great backgrounds... both the acrylic block inking and the crackle. And then the sentiment and image are perfect! Love your colouring on this! The little touches of shine are perfect. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card. Love the image and the inking choices.Thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash something new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sentiment.. Thanks for joining in our Old challenge at SoSS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab ... love that sentiment! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this sentiment is pretty awesome and so is your card :) !!! Thanks, for playing along in this months challenge over at One Crazy Stamper! Smiles from Nat DT member :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stamp and the sentiment is great!
    Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
    Susan
    DT for HOC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis