|How a kitty catches snowflakes on his tongue. :) Such sweet, fat wintertime kitties!!|
I am back with my second card of the day. This time I have a wintery masculine birthday card that I made while I still had my snowy backgrounds handy. This one uses a dry embossed background, but I have it reversed so the "debossed" side of the Darice - Snowflakes and Flourishes on blue cardstock shows. I also used the snowflake folder from my Darice - Seasonal Border 3-pack on a scrap of vellum and then double embossed it by brayering with Versamark and heat embossing with white powder. I folded the vellum around the background and secured it on the back of that panel.
I covered one edge of the vellum with a narrow strip of metallic silver foiled cardstock from my DCWV - Foiled stack for a bit of masculine gleam. The sentiment is from my Mark's Finest Papers - Silly Shells stamp set. I stamped it with Versafine ink in Smokey Gray and heat embossed with clear powder on a scrap of white cardstock. I finished off the card by mounting it on a white card base with metallic silver photo corners. The light is reflecting in some strange ways on all the metallic parts, but they really are silver-toned. :)
Hope you like this card! Thank you for the wonderful comments you always leave when you visit. They make my day!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. DRS Designs Challenge #211 - Sparkle and Shine
2. MAWTT Challenge #12 - Embossing (Wet or Dry)
3. Little Red Wagon Challenge #326 - They Say It's Your Birthday
4. Double D Challenge - Brrrrr!!! Photo Inspiration (I was inspired by the falling snow!)
5. Going Grey with Scrap-Creations - Snow/Snowmen
6. House of Cards January Challenge - Embossing or Color Challenge
7. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #118 - Masculine
8. Twofers Challenge #12 - Metal Heavy or Not
9. One Stitch at a Time Challenge - Tic Tac Toe (I chose lots of blue, own background, and metal)
10. Amusing Challenge - Shades of Blue
11. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #213 - Use Snippets