Friday, June 19, 2015

You Make Me Smile Tag



Try multiplying this by our 3 youngest cats who usually spend the night inside!!!  lol....

"The great charm of cats is their rampant egotism, their devil-may-care attitude toward responsibility, their disinclination to earn an honest dollar."
                                                                                  ----------Robertson Davies


Hi, Friends.......

I am here with a pretty tag I made for the Tombow - Words of Wisdom Challenge that asks you to hand-letter some quote or encouraging sentiment.  Eeek!!  My handwriting is not very attractive, but I practiced and gave it my best shot.  I think it will be okay for a tag that will get only a cursory glance before the recipient opens the gift!  Ha.

I used a pre-printed journaling oval piece from the DCWV Solstice Stack and a long scrap from the same pad.  I got super-brave and tried stenciling with my Dreamweaver Embossing Paste in the original flavor.  lol...  This was the first time I had ever tried it.  When it was nearly dry, I brushed some Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder in Forever Green, Perfect Gold, Perfect Pearl over the embossed squiggles.  

The little vellum butterfly (heat-embossed with yellow powder) didn't photograph very well, but I think it looks sweet lifting gently off the tag.  

Do you like my string ties?  I used thrift store yarn, May Arts vine ribbon, and Prima flowers with sequin centers.  Love how it turned out....it's my favorite part of the tag!  :)

Other supplies:
Doilies from stash
Adhesive rhinestones
Tombow Multi Mono Glue
Beacon 3-in-1 Craft Glue

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Your comments mean a lot to me!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this tag in the following challenges:
1.  Tombow - Words of Wisdom Challenge
2.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Favorite Product or Technique (Heat Embossing) 3.  Wow! Embossing Powder June Challenge - Summer
4.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 181-182 - Use snippets
5.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Don't Cut, Just Paste  (I used Embossing Paste)
6.  Butterfly Spot Challenge - F is for Flowers  


9 comments:

  1. Hello Janis!
    Your tag is looking great and so beautiful, i just adore it for a minute and read all the details carefully! Wonderful textures and yes! my fav part also is string ties, looking so graceful!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous!! and your handwriting turned out perfectly fine!! And I love the string and vined flowers too!! That's a wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag and your handwriting is perfect for this! I like the vine ribbon you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope this tag doesn't get only a "curtosy glance' before the gift is opened. It's certainly worth closer scrutiny. Thanks for joining us at Butterfly Challenge. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you again Janis. I like your tag hanging too. Still trying to fathom out how you got the flowers to twine round the cord so well. Your handwritten sentiment looks fine and dandy. Mine would need a code breaker to decipher it if I tried.!
    Thankyou for fluttering by #33. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charming tag! The doily is so lovely and the yellow a happy color! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag Janis! And I do agree that the string ties are a wonderful touch!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow!! That fancy vine tie with the teeny flowers adhere to it really takes this to another level! It was pretty without that addition, but this makes it even more special. So now I'm very intrigued by the doilies and what size they are because they look like cute little mini-doilies. Either that, or this is a very large tag?? Either way, the cheery colors, vellum butterfly and amazing ties are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous project - so delicate.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis