Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pink Trellis - Happy Birthday



Yikes!.....
"And specks of gold, like fine sand
Add vague stars to their mystical eyes."
                                                                                      ------------Charles Baudelaire


Hi, Friends.....

I am back with another card for the current Waffle Flower Challenge, inspired by the colors and flowers in their inspiration photo:










In my never-ending quest to find ways to use my scraps, I made a background of very narrow strips layered in a criss-cross pattern and then dry embossed with my Darice - Ranunculus folder.  I inked the background with Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Worn Lipstick, and Forest Moss to accentuate the floral pattern.  I think it looks like a garden trellis.  What do you think?
My sentiment is from the MFP - What a Fox stamp set.  I stamped it with Memento - London Fog and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I inked the edges of the panels with the same London Fog ink.  Then I layered some Prima flowers and added an adhesive pearl center to finish up everything. 




















Hope you enjoyed my card and that it gives you some ideas for using some of your scraps, too!!  

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower Challenge - March 9-22
2. MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #253 - Use 4 offset layers
3. Verve Inspiration Challenge - Birthday
4. Craft Stamper March Challenge - Anything Goes (must have stamping)

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, really like the use of the scraps and the soft colored background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a striking card layout, very creative! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, this *does* look like a garden trellis, and what a wonderful way to use up some skinny scraps. :)

    Hey, thanks for visiting me today via Scrapbook and Cards Today's blog. :) Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun background and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Thanks again for joining us at the Waffle Flower Photo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!!! Not only a garden trellis but a trellis in a magical garden! The bright color of the paper strips and that embossing folder design makes the garden look like a fairies playground! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of those scraps!
    Thanks for joining us this week at MFP/SF&F challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way of using up all those scraps. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis