Friday, February 13, 2015

To Perk Up Your Day



"Most cats, when they are out want to be in, and vice versa, and often simultaneously."
                                                                                 -----------Louis J. Camuti

Hi, Friends......

A third post for today!!!!  I'm on a roll.  :)  I noticed that the Design Memory Craft blog has a challenge to make a project about your favorite beverage.  Well.....mine happens to be coffee.  Oh, I do LOVE coffee!!  Personally, I brew mine super-strong and then add milk, half 'n' half, and hazelnut syrup.  Oh, YUM!!!  Can you say dessert in a cup?  (swoon...)  I also happened to have some coffee stamps from Stamplorations I won during Amy's Coffee Lovers Hop.  (THANKS, Stamplorations!!!)  So I was all set.  :)



I did another emboss resist background on some DCWV designer paper, using Versamark and clear powder and zapping with my gun.  Then the fun began......

I got out my box of Gelatos and started going over my embossed background piece with a mix of colors that I liked:  chocolate, gold champagne, tangerine, cotton candy, and white.  I colored and blended with some combination of kleenex, my fingers, and a baby wipe until I had the effect I wanted:  rich and warm and dreamy.





I stamped a sentiment from the set with Memento - Tuxedo Black and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I matted the sentiment panel on some pastel blue cardstock identical to the card base.  I layered a flower die cut from my Sizzix - Build a Lilac set.  I love this die set because I can use up my small scraps by cutting out little flowers.  :)  I keep them in little zip-lock bags roughly sorted as to color. 

That's all from me for today.  Thanks so much for your visit and all your awesome comments!!!!  I hope you will join me next Monday for my combined First Blogoversary & Janis' Birthday Double Giveaway!!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful muted colors in the background and I like the flower you created--I have that die too. I bought it on clearance and never used it yet. I like your idea of having flowers ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes!! I am also a coffee lover and I add about a third milk...but resist adding all the other good stuff because then I can have 3 cups of coffee every morning! I make up for the lack of sugary goodness by eating a donut if I can find one...or leftover birthday cake, or whatever.. mmmmmm
    Embossed resist is one of my favorite techniques and when you combine it with coffee themed stamps and sentiments...well it's a winner every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis, the background you created is amazing. This is a true work of art. Thank you for taking time to share your creations with us at Word Art Wednesday in our 170th challenge. Your art is beautiful. Many BLESSINGS to you and yours,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis