Monday, November 17, 2014

Time-Saving Cards - Set 2


"Cats are kindly masters, just so long as you remember your place."
                                                                                           ------------Paul Gray


Hi, Friends.......

I am back with my LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST post of my 5 for 5 post marathon!!!!  Yay!!!




These all have been part of Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2014 Linky party which will be closing in a few hours, hopefully while I am sleeping!!!  Ha....fat chance!

I want to thank Jennifer, once again, for all the fun I've had enjoying her projects and participating in the challenges.  I wish so much I would have had time to do more of them.......but real life has a knack of getting in the way of fun, doesn't it?


This last cheery set of cards was again inspired by the Time-Saving Cards post by Louise, one of Jennifer's guests during the Frosty Festivities. My other set was white embossed on kraft and this uses the same s-n-o-w-flack (Darn it!  I thought if I carefully spelled out the snow, I'd be home free!!  Ha.) snowflake background, but I used some very special white embossing powder for this.  It is Wow! White Puff Powder.  LOVE  LOVE LOVE it!!!!  This was part of prize from Wow! (THANKS, Wow!!!) and it is PERFECT for snowflakes.  I wish you could see the soft raised puffy matte texture better in my photos.



Again, I used a couple Echo Park collections for the stickers, etc:  This & That and Very Merry Christmas.  I just realized I forgot to mention that I had splattered some shimmer mist on the cardstock (this red and the kraft in the previous post) before I did the s.f.'s.  (Not taking chances with typing it out this time!!)  You can kind of see the splotches here.  The s.f.'s look a lot nicer than the shimmer splatters.


I used various cords, twine, and metallic gold thread for bows.


These also will be going to the Caring Hearts Card Drive 2014.

I'm tired.  I'm done.  I'm going to bed.  Thanks so much for joining me for this marathon!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1.  Frosty Festivities 2014 Linky Party 

2.  My Craft Creations New challenge 10/11-22/11/2014 - Anything Goes
3.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #158 - Anything Goes
4.  Bunny Zoe's Crafts Nov. Challenge - Snow 

5.  We Dobadoo Challenge #19 - Christmas
 
And......Caring Hearts Card Drive (not a challenge, but there are prizes!!!)

6 comments:

  1. Bravo Janis!! What a great gallery of beautiful cards..and all going to a good cause. The recipients are going to love them all. The cheery red card bases with those puffy snowflakes are really festive and the metallic gold cord and ribbon give them sparkle and shine! The Echo Park collections that you used were apparently an excellent inspiration and motivation for you because you rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Thanks for the cheers for completing my task!

      I really wish you could see the puffy embossing powder in real life. It is wonderful!!! I got to choose 6 different powders in that Wow! prize.....I am LOVING all the ones I have tried so far! Of course, you already know how much I love embossing powder! :)

      These Echo Park collections were all from a prize from a private blogger. I meant to look up which blogger it was to acknowledge her, but I was in a hurry to get everything posted. I still mean to do that, though.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Well, that was a super pleasant marathon of blog post visiting, and I'm overflowing with inspiration! And my sides are aching from laughing at your cartoons!! Thanks so much for coming by to see me, Janis, and letting me know about your marathon of posts so I wouldn't miss them! I'm truly am flabbermazed by your stamina and productivity! Well done!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry I got behind on my replies!! I appreciate your visit and your wonderful comments!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. These look lovely too, the colours are bright and cheerful. I am so impressed with your blog posting marathon, and how many cards you managed to make! Thank you so much for joining in with the Frosty Festivities challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer, once again for your lovely blog event. It took me days to recover!!! Ha. :) Thanks for your visit and your sweet words.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis