Friday, April 18, 2014

Springy Blingy Butterfly

"In my experience, cats and beds seem to be a natural combination."
                                                      -------Louis J. Camuti
 

Hi, Friends.....

Today I am sharing a Spring card in non-traditional colors.  I chose the darker earthy tones from my DCWV stash to contrast with the lighter colors of the pretty butterfly and all her bling.   



The rich chestnut brown and maroon colors and apricot ribbon did not photograph too well.  Wish you could see the warm blazing hues it has in real life!!

I used my pretty Serendipity Floral Butterfly Dies with some gorgeous K&Co. paper.  

By the way, Serendipity still has their offer going where you get free stamps when you buy this Floral Butterfly Stamp and Die Set.  I took advantage of this offer and LOVE the bonus things...a sweet Hello stamp and flower stamp set.


As you can see, I added plenty of bling to my lovely butterfly.  It was fun decorating her up with rhinestones, sequins, pearls and glitter.  I wanted her to really sparkle!!


Instead of putting on a bow, I finished the card by lifting the wings a bit and giving the butterfly some apricot ribbon tails.  I didn't want anything competing with my pretty lady!!

Here's an angled shot so you can see the dimension and a little more of the sparkle.


Hope you enjoyed this different take on a Spring card.  I really had fun with it!!

Thanks for all the kind comments you leave.  I really appreciate them!!  

<3
Janis 

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Cheerful Stamp Pad Challenge #84 - Use 3 Different Papers 
2.  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Things with Wings
3.  Unstampabelles Challenge #34 Incorporate Animal or Bird
4.  Crafty Catz Challenge #227 B is for Big Butterfly with Beautiful Bling on Brown Background with Blue Blossoms (that was fun!) 
5.  Fairy Tale Challenge #89 Butterflies 

************************************
CAT STATUS UPDATE:

All the beasts are enjoying the spring weather here. I tried to get photos of my outside kitties so I could post a few. I managed to get only a few decent ones. Most of them were of cats with heads turned watching each other (to make sure nobody was getting too close) or they were extreme close-ups all distorted as the kitties stood up against my leg to be petted, or to inspect the camera!
Ivan --a cat who came and stayed...like so many others!
This is Ivan with his handsome silvery gray coat.  I had to laugh at him today. Being old and lazy, he prefers to take the path of least resistance whenever possible....even if he has to go out of his way to do it!!

This morning, the chickens were in the back porch area and Ivan apparently didn't want to risk walking near them...although I have never seen them try to peck the cats. So, instead, he jumped up from the steps onto the top of the garbage can and walked the length of the porch area on this and that until he could jump down clear of the hens. I knew the chickens were the boss of the dog, but it was hilarious to see they were the boss of the cats, too!! Ha. Animals are funny!
**************************************

14 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous and i love how the butterfly pops! thanks for playing "2 different papers" with us at the cheerful stamp pad! and hello to that beautiful cat! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely warm colours! Thanks for joining us at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 84: use 3 different papers, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! the butterfly is amazing!!! and I really like your sentence quoting your Bs!!!! Thank you so much for joining us in our B is for.. challenge at Crafty Catz !
    Mirella DK
    DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I know you said that the colors didn't photograph well, but I thought the card was lovely! How clever of you to use such an unconventional color palette for this card! I especially loved how fancy you made the butterfly. You weren't kidding when you said you wanted the butterfly to really sparkle- and she does! This card is the perfect blend of subtlety, warmth and bling! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whata beautiful beautiful. I love the design. A great colour palette. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.

    Andrea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles.Did you see the extra criteria of pastels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Pastel twist was optional.....because of this from the challenge post:

      "Just remember, your project has to have an animal or a bird in it, and if you are going to add the TWIST you need to work in mainly PASTEL colours."

      Was I mistaken????
      Thanks for your help!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. Janis, your card is fine - the TWIST is optional. Thanks for entering our challenge with it. Susan - Blog Owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thanks for your note! Glad to hear that I did understand the twist correctly. I appreciate you taking the time to comment!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Adorable card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our UNSTAMPABELLES challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis